Timed routine, Proper care, Right food and Time tested Skin care can pave the way for healthy & safe development of your baby.
Baby skin care products at SNAANA are made with ingredients that have been in use for centuries unknown and have mention in various old texts. These ingredients help skin stay nourished and pave the way for safe development of the baby. There is absolutely no use of chemicals/synthetics and preservatives in the products. Therefore each of the product is truly an ancient derived recipe with no question of usage of any 21st century chemicals like parabens, formaldehydes, petroleum derived ingredients (petrolatum), coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, sodium lauryl sulphates or its different forms lik SLeS, DEA, MEA, TEA, ethoxylated, fragrance etc.
When these chemicals were not known in ancient times then how come these chemicals make way to ayurveda products sold in today’s market. This raises many questions on the composition, effectiveness and growing side effects of ayurveda products. (Soon coming up with detailed article)
So without any worry of any side effects nourish your baby’s skin with SNAANA baby skin care products. SNAANA is the first of a kind skin care brand in today’s chemically throttled world - 21st century.
Each baby skin care ritual from massaging to cleansing to moisturising hold immense importance for baby’s overall health. You really don’t have to get back to doctor for usually occurring concerns like colic/flatulence, cold & cough, loose motion or no motion for 4-5 days, cradle cap, diaper rash etc. Making baby fall into a regular timed routine of massage, shower, feed and sleep can put these concerns at bay and pave the way for a healthy sound development of the child.
Massaging the baby with oil made with raw- unrefined nuts and seeds oil infused with heeng/asafoetida, lehsun/garlic, vacha , Wild turmeric/kasthuri manjal, jaiphal/nutmeg and aijwain/carom takes good care of not only skin but also keeps digestive, respiratory functioning etc. in good health. A regular morning and evening massage of an infant also relaxes the body, improves the appetite, gets better with sleep patterns and also heals & dries brown scaly –crusty skin called cradle cap. For example -You really don’t need any medication to fix flatulence- all that’s needed is a pinch of heeng/asaefotida mixed with a drop of water and applied to baby’s navel 2-3 times a day. If the baby is on mothers feed then it is important that mother takes a light-easy to digest diet and ajwain/carom green tea. Similarly in cold and cough, the paste made from dried fruit of nutmeg and water by rubbing on a mortar with 2-3 drops of water when made babies lick – can easily cure cold & cough.
Since whatever we apply on skin also makes a way inside to our body. So herbs like heeng, ajwain, lehsun , jaiphal and many more have been in use topically since ancient time to prevent and cure minor and major ailments in babies.
SNAANA understands the need of fast changing world and busy moms and above all the health and safety concerns of the baby so exactly prepare the same formulation that our grand mothers have made in their kitchen. And to prepare each formulation, each ingredient- nuts & seeds, herbs, petals, spices etc are sourced after thorough screening with all checks in place each time an ingredient is sourced. Oils from nuts/kernels & seeds are cold pressed in-house only to ensure purity and nutritional output. Similarly essential oil distillation, infusion are also done within the house only to produce a product –That is truly authentic ayurveda. Each of baby care products from soap to oils to balms to powders are made in-house with time tested ingredients.
SNAANA advises every mom to follow the listed below sequence of care for the infant every day.
- Massage the baby with Massage oil for good 30 Minutes.
- Shower with luke warm water. During shower apply soap on both body and hair and rinse.
- Follow application of Face cream on the face and after shower oil on the body. Make sure to apply face cream and after shower oil on the moist skin within 2-3 minutes of shower.
- Regular morning and evening baby skin care rituals normally keeps diaper rashes at bay.
- Use baby powder if there is any heat rash etc.
Tips on How to Choose the Best Baby Skin care Products
For a healthy, clean and nourished Baby Skin – make sure that you
- Do not buy “Tear Free/No Tear” products as numbing/anesthetic agents are used in the product to numb the eye irritation.
- Do not buy products packed in plastic as chemicals stored in plastic can leach into the liquid especially during warm to hot temperature. And logistics/transport is certainly not temperature controlled. And of course we all know about the bad impact plastic has on our environment.
- Do not get carried away by brand names, make an effort to know ingredients. If you cannot pronounce or understand ingredients – keep the product down. While reading ingredients – make sure to look for complete list of ingredients that went in the making of the product. If the product has mention of “Key”/”Active” ingredients that means there is more added to the product but manufacturer is hiding the rest ingredients. Also if the product labels “Base q.s.” it certainly has chemicals in it.
- Do not buy soaps/creams/oils etc. with attractive colours as shown in the picture. Natural products derive colour from the oils and are never as bright as pink, purple, blue, orange, yellow, green etc.
- Do not buy baby products with fragrance. Look for soaps/creams/oils made with Steam distilled essential oils only.
- Do not go after labels of “organic”& “NaturaL” because for a product to be called organic/natural it need not be 100% made with organic/natural ingredients and therefore products available in the market often have organic/natural ingredients as little as 1%, Only for the sake of name to lure customers.
- Words like “dermatologically tested” are mere marketing tools so always make an effort to know ingredients.
- Do not buy lotions as lotions are chemical composition and cannot ever be 100% natural. Instead buy “after shower oils”
- Buy a cream that is 100% natural completely free from any base/chemical. If the cream contains water/aqua then it just cannot be chemical & preservative free. Also to know the purity of cream take a pan, heat it and add a table spoon of cream to it, if the cream melts completely to oil, then it is free from emulsifiers but could contain chemical/synthetic in the form of fragrance. If it turns to milky running liquid then it is a cream with added base –chemical, emulsifiers etc. and in no way natural.
Application of right product is as important as feeding the child with right food. So always read, understand and make an informed decision while buying baby skin care products.