My New Year Resolution - Say NO To Body Lotions
Each New Year we think of mending our lifestyle. We are always reminded of the resulting evils of habits our life has adopted, especially in the past decades for convenience only. Convenience, well, convenience but at what cost?
Chemicals provide convenience in the form of extended shelf life, consistency, beautiful texture, colour and mind-driven fragrances. So much that we have stopped thinking that something otherwise limits shelf life is packed in bottles and jars for months, even years. How?
Lets us evaluate one important product that all of us use everyday – body lotions. Fascinated by labels and their evolved brands, we hardly force ourselves to know the real story behind these body lotions.
- Forest Essentials: Soundarya Ultra Rich Body Lotion
- Can we ever mix aloe vera and oil or butter?
- Why only key ingredients are labelled?
- Can we preserve aloe vera beyond few days even when it’s refrigerated
- Biotique: Bio Gotu Kola Smooth Skin Lotion
- Lotion Base Q.S. is the white liquid made from Water and Oil/Butter, where water is more than 70 % of the composition. Lotions can never be free from synthetics.
- The prominently labelled ‘natural ingredients’ do not make more than 10-15% of the total composition.
- Water, an ingredient to any product’s composition calls for addition of emulsifiers, preservatives and chemicals.
- Is there any naturally occurring ingredient that can mix water and oil, otherwise non-mixable?
- The Body Shop: Cocoa Body Butter
Water is the abundantly found ingredient in the composition with many highly unsafe ingredients listed. The concept of body lotion’s popularity in last 3-4 decades was to provide convenience and cost-effectiveness only. Water/Gel is the major ingredient in the making of body lotions because water provides easy and quick absorption of oils into the skin’s pores. Also, water is easily and freely available ingredient to bank upon to make it cost-effective. Why Pay For Water?
If you Say No to Chemicals, you have to say No to Lotions. Lotions can never be free from Synthetics/chemicals
In older times, when body lotions were not known, people applied cold pressed oils and butter immediately after bath on damp or moist skin only to facilitate quick absorption. The recently spread notions that oils provide greasiness and light gel-based textures are the best to use is all that marketing agencies have created.
At SNAANA, we SAY A BIG NO TO CHEMICALS AND PRESERVATIVES AND ALSO TO MULTI-STAGE PROCESSSING OF INGREDIENTS.
We don’t make body lotions. We make that is applied immediately after shower on damp skin to provide skin its needed nourishment. SNAANA After Shower Oils are light, non-greasy and easy to absorb oil like a lotion, but without the water and preservatives found in lotions.
Each Category after shower oils are made as per the needed nourishment that the aged skin and tone needs. With SNAANA’s after shower oils, you are applying purely the skin needed ingredients.
Applying body lotion means you are feeding your skin with chemicals and preservatives and emulsifiers. These cause more harm to your skin and body by spreading in your body via blood. Toll claims of major skin care manufacturers based on years of R&D have killed people with these chemicals present in skin care products. Therefore, it is important to say ‘No’ to synthetic/body lotion and return to traditional after bath oils- Returning to old practices is returning to wellness. Return to yourself with SNAANA.